Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] I want to know what data set to AVCodecContext for H.264

Nico Sabbi nsabbi
Fri Jun 24 12:48:00 CEST 2005

>as i wrote already very often: even if there are some small patches here
>and
>there for avc/h.264 support in the mp4 muxer, ffmpeg does NOT produce
>correct mp4 files for avc (and also not for mpeg-4 part2)
>eg the most important bug for avc is the missing of the avcC atom, which
>is
>very very important
>
>so until someone seriously starts to read the iso 14496-14 (for mpeg-4 part2
>video) and 14496-15 (for avc video) specs and starts implementing the mp4
>muxing following the specs, i can only repeat to not use ffmpeg for creating
>.mp4 files

are those the specs that state that mpeg4 should be stored stripping the

VOL header from the bitstream (except in the avcC) ?
According to the draft I have the VOL header is NOT optional (fortunately),
so stripping it would make the video stream non-standard, unless the official

specs were pulled by the hair to make quicktime and mp4 happy