[Ffmpeg-devel] 64bit support

Rich Felker dalias
Mon Jun 27 01:07:54 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 02:27:34PM -0700, Jacob Meuser wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 10:17:51PM +0200, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> > >
> > > So it doesn't fail to build unless you use shared libs, which is
> > > explicitly not recommended. Recompile without --enable-shared and it
> > > will work fine.
> >
> > That's not what I call a fix. :p
>
> me either.
>
> Rich, do you really enjoy replying to these emails?  don't you have
> something better to do?  don't you think most people want stuff that
> "just works"?

A couple comments..
1, if the problem is that --enable-shared fails, the user reporting
the problem should have mentioned using it..
2, I think my answer offered a solution. Maybe not optimal in the
minds of the people who senselessly insist on using pic/shared libs,
but at least it would work.

Rich