[Ffmpeg-devel] reply-to headers and the mailinglist

François Revol revol
Thu May 5 18:20:15 CEST 2005

> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:

> >> IMHO, the best is not to do any reply-to processing.  See
> >> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html for a discussion on
> > > the
> >> topic.
> >
> > This is nonsense...without it everyone would reply off-list and
> > spam
> > us all.
>
> It seems to work well on all the lists I subscribe to that don't mess
> with reply-to.  Any sane mailer has a command that replies in the
> proper way.

I don't have time to add that command to BeMail and the default one
replies always offlist with that kind of stuff and it drives me mad.

> Setting relpy-to to the list addrss only makes it difficult to reply
> off-list, if that's what you actually want to do.

But it's not what I usually want to do.

If I want to do that I just "Reply to Sender" which does the correct
thing.

Any sane mailer should do that :P

Fran?ois.