[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] *BSD bktr support

Jacob Meuser jakemsr
Tue May 17 11:13:23 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 11:01:54AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 07:55:35PM -0700, Jacob Meuser wrote:

> > > Since the code is GPLed, it should depend on --enable-gpl in configure.
> >
> > I'll ask Steve if he would like to use the LGPL for this file instead.
> > I don't think he'll have any objection, but of course it is his decision.
>
> GPL code is not a problem in FFmpeg, there are already a bunch of GPLed
> files, the code just needs to be bound to that configure switch.

actually, just a got an email from him saying he would have used
a BSD license, but the code was mostly a copy of grab.c, so he
used the same license (because that's how the GPL works, right?).

anyway, he is more than happy changing it from GPL to LGPL, since
that is now the license of grab.c.

anything else in there that needs to be looked at?

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>