[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-user] Windows install dircontainingwhitespace

Fredrik Orderud fredrik.orderud
Sat Nov 5 19:36:14 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com>
To: "FFMpeg development discussions and patches" <ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-user] Windows install

> It looks to me like the shell you're using is severly broken I would
> suggest upgrading to see if the bug goes away.
>> I've previously tried "/c/Program\ Files/FFmpeg" without sucess.
> I was thinking about '/c/Program Files/FFmpeg'. Would that work?

If you check
you'll notice that cygwin doesn't support directories containing spaces.
This does probably also apply to MinGW, as they have a lot in common. The
goal of installing ffmpeg to "/c/Program Files/ffmpeg" may therefore
actually be impossible. I suggest using another path. What about using
"/c/ffmpeg" or "/c/libraries/ffmpeg" ?

Fredrik Orderud
Ph.D student in Computer Science, NTNU