[Ffmpeg-devel] Decoded raw audio buffer format

Thanos Kyritsis djart
Sun Nov 6 23:13:38 CET 2005

I have a question regarding the outcome of calling the
avcodec_decode_audio() function.

For example:
len = avcodec_decode_audio(c, (short *)outbuf, &got_audio, pkt.data,
pkt.size);

What is the format of the raw audio data being put in outbuf ?
Is it always uncompressed PCM Signed 16 Bit Little Endian containing the
same number of channels  at the same sample rate as the original
(input) stream ??

What if I run the code on MacOSX or Windows ? Is it still Little
endian ?

Is there any way to change/define the format of outbuf's raw contents or
will I have to recode the samples in such a case ?

--
Thanos Kyritsis <djart at linux.gr>

- What's your ONE purpose in life ?
- To explode, of course! ;-)