[Ffmpeg-devel] error to compile ffmpeg

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Tue Nov 8 18:16:47 CET 2005

Carlos Gonz?lez wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm trying to prepare a computer for video streaming using
> ffmpeg2theora and others tools.
> I use this ./configure parameters to compile ffmpeg(cvs) for
> ffmpeg2theora:
>

> ./configure --disable-encoder --enable-faad --enable-pp --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-pthreads --disable-vhook --enable-gpl --enable-libogg --enable-vorbis --enable-theora
>
> and after start to compile with "make" there is this error (in the
> link process, i think):
>
> ffserver.o(.text+0x568f): En la funci?n `load_module':
> /home/carlos/build/ffmpeg2theora-0.15/ffmpeg/ffserver.c:3716: undefined reference to `dlopen'

This means that the library file 'libdl.a' is not being found by the
linker. I explained this for someone else last month, with respect to
MPlayer; see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/39570
for a copy of that post. (Not all of it will necessarily apply to you,
but the basic three points remain the same.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.