[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] why not have h264encoder in the libavcodec?

François Revol revol
Wed Nov 9 22:18:26 CET 2005

> > But because the GPL is "self-centered" (or how could I say selfish
> > without saying so ?) it doesn't allow other licences to join in,
> > except
> > by being assimilated.
> Well, you could say GPL is like a virus. Once contaminated with one
> project, the whole project is compromised.

Yes, and indeed it's spreading quite well...
I even heard rumours about a new virus M$ registered having signature
FSF.GPLv3. What's frightening is it's not limited to win32 like most of
the crowd...