[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] move av_xiphlacing in avutil

Jindrich Makovicka makovick
Sat Nov 19 13:29:57 CET 2005

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 03:03:11AM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
>>Just to be consistent since is used just for ogg and oggvorbis.
>

> iam not happy about this, libavutil will become quite bloated if
> we move all code which is used by both lavc and lavf into it
>
> IMHO, libavutil should just contain code which is usefull for the
> user of lavf or lavc

I was thinking about adding CRC8/16/32 stuff to libavutil, because they
are is used in several places in lavf, lavc and mplayer. Should I bother
with making a patch, or it is the same case as above?

--
Jindrich Makovicka