[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] move av_xiphlacing in avutil

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Nov 19 17:01:38 CET 2005

Hi

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 01:29:57PM +0100, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 03:03:11AM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> >
> >>Just to be consistent since is used just for ogg and oggvorbis.
> >

> >iam not happy about this, libavutil will become quite bloated if
> >we move all code which is used by both lavc and lavf into it
> >
> >IMHO, libavutil should just contain code which is usefull for the
> >user of lavf or lavc
>
> I was thinking about adding CRC8/16/32 stuff to libavutil, because they
> are is used in several places in lavf, lavc and mplayer. Should I bother
> with making a patch, or it is the same case as above?

hmm, IMHO if the code is small and generic it should be ok (a single crc
calculation function for all 8,16 and 32bit, and no hardcoded tables, but
tables generated with some init_crc() function)
unless there are objections of course ...

Michael