[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: mp3onmp4

Måns Rullgård mru
Mon Nov 21 16:46:00 CET 2005

Mike Melanson said:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>>there are some special specs for howto place mpeg-4 part2 video/aac in mp4
>>>in part14
>>>and some special specs for howto place avc video in mp4 in part15:
>>>http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc29/open/29view/29n5245t.doc
>>

>> Can somebody provide a link to a PDF or convert this to PDF?
>
> 	Try OpenOffice. It handles the .doc just fine.

In my experience, OO doesn't cope with those ISO drafts very well at all.

> 	But that all becomes moot when I open it up and see this:
>
> Copyright notice
> This ISO document is a working draft or committee draft ...
>
> Thus, it is a *draft* spec, not a final spec. You can't (or are not
> supposed to be able to) find those online.

The URL above points to the official pages for the working groups involved.
It would appear that they have made this document available to anyone.  Many
other documents on that site require a password for access.

Legitimate or not, it is still a draft, and there are often significant
changes between the last draft and the final version.  Basing work on drafts
will lead to trouble, sooner or later.  That said, drafts are obviously
better than pure guesswork.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com