[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Intel IPP

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Nov 30 02:54:26 CET 2005

Hi

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 09:23:54AM +0100, Tomas Christiansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FF_IDCT_IPP is defined in 'libavcodec/avcodec.h'.
>
> We have no patch for the makefile, our approach was to add the extra
> include path via configure script. This also means that the build of
> other programs, such as ffserver, probably fails since we have not added
> the correct linker flags. But we compile the libs and use them in
> another project.

if the configure/makefile stuff is cleaned up so everything works then
IMHO this should be applied
it would also be interresting to benchmark the individual functions with
START/STOP_TIMER to see which are faster, furthermore we support many IDCTs,
so if you benchmark them dont just benchmark the default one and IPP but all
another interresting thing would be to add IPP suport to dct-test.c so we
could see how accurate it is

Michael