[Ffmpeg-devel] specific codec question

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Oct 12 22:21:28 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> This isn't a codec matter but a container one. As long as your
> container supports arbitrary timestamp increments you can do it with
> whatever codec you like.

	This can also be solved reasonably well at the codec layer with an
algorithm that has very low overhead for a frame that has not changed
since the previous frame (like 1 byte with a code to indicate such a
condition, or even no bytes to indicate no change). I have been
experimenting with such a concept to apply to certain
low-change/high-framerate domains:

	-Mike Melanson