[Ffmpeg-devel] Timestamps on Decoding

Paul Curtis pfc
Sun Oct 23 23:16:17 CEST 2005

Actually, I have another question then.

In my last e-mail, I provided a snippet of code. I had asked several
times before what exactly would I be receiving in the video decode loop
when the codec signalled the frame was finished.

Since Mr. Felker muddied that question originally, I'll ask it again.
Forgetting the source of the video, when the avcodec_decode_video()
function signals it is "finished", I am receiving a complete raw frame
of video. Is this correct?

Paul

P.S. -- All my testing says the answer to the above is "yes"