[Ffmpeg-devel] Get 1 frame bitstream without decoding.

Ahmad Zaidee bin Abu zaidee
Mon Oct 24 05:46:40 CEST 2005

Hi all,

How do I get bitstream (frame by frame) of compressed video without decoding it?
I see example as below has frameFinished indicator, to indicate the end of frame, but
how do I get the whole 1 frame without decoding (bitstream) or passing the frameFinished ?

while(av_read_frame(pFormatCtx, &packet)>=0)
{
// Is this a packet from the video stream?
if(packet.stream_index==videoStream)
{
// Decode video frame
avcodec_decode_video(pCodecCtx, pFrame, &frameFinished,
packet.data, packet.size);
// Did we get a video frame?
if(frameFinished)
{ ... }

Thanks in advance.

_____________________________________
Ahmad Zaidee Abu
Dip., Bach. Eng. (Tele), MIEEE.
Multimedia Communication Unit
Telekom Research & Development
UPM-MTDC Inc. Center One
Serdang, Selangor
Tel: +603 89441862
Fax: +603 89441822

The information contained in this Internet message is confidential
and intended only for the use of the individual or entity
identified. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of the
information contained in this Internet message is strictly
prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately.