[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: crop & pad (again)

Baptiste COUDURIER baptiste.coudurier
Wed Apr 5 15:11:20 CEST 2006

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as Michael nominated me maintainer of the old crop/pad/scale code in
> ffmpeg.c, I am going to update it by applying the patchset I posted some
> time ago.
>
> I reviewed all the patches, and I believe they do not introduce any bug.
> Anyway, before committing I am posting the patches again, so that
> interested people have another possibility to comment.
>
> In this mail, I am attaching:
> - baptiste-padding.diff ---> Baptiste COUDURIER's padding patch
> (reworked by me a little bit). Moves padding code to imgconvert.c, and
> enables padding colorspaces != YUV420P.
> - crop-pad-simplify.diff ---> My patch for making cropping, padding, and
> rescaling independent (after applying this patch, the cropping / padding
> code in img_resample() is not used anymore)
> - reindent.diff ---> Cosmetic patch for fixing indentation problems
> caused by the previous one.
>
> If noone complains, I'll apply these patches on friday or during the
> weekend.

ffmpeg -y -i <file> -croptop 32 -padtop 32 only pads and increase final
resolution.

Hasn't "-s" precedence over all picture transformation ? IMHO it should.

-croptop 32 -padtop 32 -s 720x576 should crop by 32 pad those 32 and
finally rescale to 720x576. Is that actual behaviour Luca ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312