[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG crashes on WinXP SP2

Inc. the.incredible
Fri Apr 7 13:55:31 CEST 2006

Adam Pierce schrieb:

> Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
>> Adam Pierce wrote:

>>> Thanks for replying so quickly. According to depends.exe, the DLLs
>>> are indeed the ones compiled alongside the executable. I recompiled
>>> the whole thing from CVS just now and it would not run until I
>>> copied the DLLs eg:
>>>
>>>  cp libavformat/avformat.dll ./
>>>  cp libavcodec/avcodec.dll ./
>>>  cp libavutil/avutil.dll ./
>>>  ./ffmpeg -i test1.asf test1.mpeg
>>>
>>> This time I got "The application failed to initialize properly
>>> (0xc0000005)" which sounds pretty dire. I think I will re-install
>>> MinGW from scratch and try it again. I had previously updated my
>>> MinGW gcc to version 3.4.2 maybe that has something to do with it.
>>

>> You may try CVS from a week ago. Last time I tried latest CVS in
>> MinGW, nothing would encode (an assert in bswap.h).
>>
>> Steve
>>
> Thanks for all your advice. After many experiments, I have found that
> it works better when compiled with MinGW version 5.0.2. ffmpeg.exe
> still doesn't work but I added the SDL library and can use ffplay.exe
> on a variety of different media types with no problems. This is using
> ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1.

I also installed the SDL Libray in MinGW on Win2000 so FFplay.exe has
been compiled also.
But If I drag'n Drop a mediafile on FFplay.exe the video&Audio plays
back fine but at the end of the stream the last pic of the video content
is shown and the last chunk of the audiobuffer keeps looping
neverending. A bug?