[Ffmpeg-devel] integrating a new codec?

James Barros james
Mon Apr 10 20:10:53 CEST 2006

Hey guys,

sorry for the newb question. I glanced at the dev guide for ffmpeg
( at http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/ffmpeg-doc.html#SEC30 ) and
libavcodec ( at http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/~boehme/
using_libavcodec.html )  but didn't see what I was looking for so I
thought I'd toss the question out to the list.

Integration of codec's in *nix/osx environment (vss windows dll's)

basically, I don't have a clue how to integrate a new codec, and I'm
a bit of a programming newb, ok, well, practically a non-programmer
(php geek) but willing to learn/beg/borrow/steal to try and get this
working.

Anyone care to point me at a howto or even let me know what chunk of
code I should be looking at?

I've unfortunately only got access to a precompiled version of the
codec to boot.

Thanks for all your help, and I apologize again for the newb question.

Thanks.

-- James