[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: RTSP with Axis 213 camera

Romain DEGEZ romain.degez
Thu Apr 13 10:03:01 CEST 2006

Fran?ois Revol wrote:

> I have the same problem with my Freebox (the DSL modem of a french
> ISP),
> which forwards TV channels as MPEG streams with RTSP/RTP. cf one or 2
> weeks ago, except it stops at 30 seconds.
> I suppose it's the same problem, being ffmpeg doesn't send the Receiver
> Report, so the server (the camera or the modem) assumes the client is
> dead, and stops sending data to it to sopt wasting bandwidth.

I confirm this, I ran into the same issue (Darwin Streaming Server closed
the connection because of a supposed timeout from the client) when I worked
on the ffmpeg rtp/rtsp part one year ago.

> I've started implementing that, but the RTP code in ffmpeg is split in
> 2 independant parts and to send the RR it needs the stats from rtp.c
> and the socket from rtpproto.c...

If I remember well, the rtcp primitive in lavf were mainly implemented/used for
the server side of ffmpeg rtp/rtsp code and it seems very hard to use these rtcp primitive
for the client part without refactoring a lot of code. (ie. needed context were not
available when in client mode etc..). Nevertheless one need to put his hands in, one day
or another ;-)

I would add http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3550.html

> I'll see if I can get something working tomorrow...

Good luck :-)

--
Romain DEGEZ

SMARTJOG S.A.