[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: RTSP with Axis 213 camera

François Revol revol
Thu Apr 13 15:49:59 CEST 2006

> > I've started implementing that, but the RTP code in ffmpeg is split
> > in
> > 2 independant parts and to send the RR it needs the stats from
> > rtp.c
> > and the socket from rtpproto.c...
>
> If I remember well, the rtcp primitive in lavf were mainly
> implemented/used for
> the server side of ffmpeg rtp/rtsp code and it seems very hard to use
> these
> rtcp primitive
> for the client part without refactoring a lot of code. (ie. needed
> context
> were not
> available when in client mode etc..). Nevertheless one need to put
> his hands
> in, one day or another ;-)

Yes that's it...
I hacked up some code, but it doesn't seem to send anything...
maybe someone has a clue ? see attached.
Maybe the rtcp socket isn't connected and it must use sendto() with
the server address... didn't check the udp_open code yet.

> > The RFC is not the easiest on stomac...
> > http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1889.html
>
> I would add http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3550.html

whichever :P