[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT] literary hideosities

François Revol revol
Wed Apr 19 11:34:51 CEST 2006

> Don't you just hate it when authors, journalists, or other non-techy
> writers
> attempt to write something that sounds technical, only to get it all
> wrong?
> I was reading an (otherwise quite humorous) novel, where the author
> had
> decided
> to be a bit too specific for his own good about an image.  He thus
> referred
> it as being a J-peg image.  And more than once too.  Shocking.

Oh well, if real computers were as in TV series we'd all get mad from
the constant beeping sounds, and we'll all be dump as it would guess
what we want after typing 3 chars and have funky useless non-ergonomic
GUI, and all our co-workers would know our passwords as they are always
echoed on the screen with a 200pt font :)))