[Ffmpeg-devel] DVR-MS bug (MP2 decoding)

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme
Fri Apr 21 19:41:14 CEST 2006

John Donaghy wrote:
> Steve - is the picture clipped when you play this file? Mplayer only
> shows the top corner of the screen because the size picked up by the
> asf demuxer code isnt right. I'm guessing the picture size is not
> stored in the same way in dvr-ms files as for other asf files.

No, the picture is decoded correctly. But I use a patched version of
FFMPEG without the MPEG2 bug ;)

> Also, I've learned that HD dvr-ms files can contain an audio stream
> encoded with ac3 rather than mp2 (depending on how it is brodcast).
> I'm guessing your file has an ac3 audio stream if that helps at all.
> Apparently a number of players have a problem with HD dvr-ms audio.

No, because in GraphEdit the input pin is different for files with AC3.
So I assume it's MP2 and not AC3.

Steve