[Ffmpeg-devel] DVR-MS bug (MP2 decoding)

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme
Mon Apr 24 16:44:20 CEST 2006

John Donaghy wrote:
>> No, the picture is decoded correctly. But I use a patched version of
>> FFMPEG without the MPEG2 bug ;)
>
> So you're not getting the frame size from the asf demuxer? If not, how
> do you get it?

I get the source width/height from AVCodecContext* catched as this:

video_codec = avctx->streams[vidTrackId]->codec;

>> No, because in GraphEdit the input pin is different for files with AC3.
>> So I assume it's MP2 and not AC3.
>
> You're right, I looked at it in GraphEdit and on my machine it chooses
> my InterVideo audio decoder for this file rather than the regular MPEG
> Audio Decoder. The properties dialog for the Intervideo decoder calim
> it is '2 speaker mode, Dolby Sound compatible (as opposed to
> stereo/mono). It says the format is MPEG2 and the attributes are
> 16bit/48k/1ch. I wonder what is different about this audio stream that
> causes it to pick the Intervideo decoder - maybe the 'dolby' setting?

All I know is that it's not AC3. DScaler has an input type
MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK instead of MEDIATYPE_Audio, that could be
the difference.

> Have to been able to play other HD dvr-ms files successfully?

Yes, most of them. And they decode fine with DrFFMPEG (apart from that
weird kind of file).

Steve