[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Apr 28 04:16:50 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 09:24:00PM +0300, Oded Shimon wrote:

> As for license, I have absoloutely no preference, and it can be public
> domain for all I care. But we'll probably use some license that prevents
> using libnut to make invalid NUT files.

I suggest settling the license issue soon.  The license should be as
permissive as possible IMO, X11-style sounds about right, but if it's OK
with you, maybe even drop the necessity for giving credit.  This is
about facilitating widespread use at all costs.

Preventing invalid NUT files is impossible, just think about bugs.
Shall the license forbid buggy implementations?  Modifications must also
be possible if you want to have a free format.  What you can possible
demand is that incompatible versions not be called NUT.

Diego