[Ffmpeg-devel] On2 Flix Engine uses memcoder in commerical Flix Engine

Rich Felker dalias
Thu Apr 27 21:59:59 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:03:19PM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> On Thursday 27 April 2006 21:45, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > 1. a license will not prevent generation of invalid files, these either
> > get generated by 14 year old kids who for example replace the startcodes
> > with their own and change the name (msmpeg4v3 hacks style) these types
> > dont read license ...
>
> Plus, trying to enforce it in the license is probably impossible. I think usually

I agree it's futile. The possibility I suggested was dual license with
GPL always applying and BSD-like conditions provided that the code is
used only in NUT-compliant ways, but it's difficult to enforce and
generally lame and annoying.

So my vote is for full MIT/BSD license or even something like
dlmalloc's license.

Rich