[Ffmpeg-devel] how to compile output_example.c

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sun Aug 6 17:07:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 16:38 +0530, Turbo wrote:
[...]
> > Are you sure that the avcodec, avformat, and avutil libraries that you
> > are trying to link are really the latest one from svn? (maybe they are
> > coming from a previous installation?)
> I think I am using the latest svn. How to make sure?
>
> Should I attach my code? Its almost same as output_example.c and
> you wouldn't have to spend much time on it.
>From the error messages you posted, it looks like you are trying to link
an output_example using sws (similar to the one from the svn repository)
with libraries that do not implement the sws emulation (that is, with
old av* libraries).
Try to use nm or objdump to check if the libav{codec, format, util}
libraries from /usr/local/lib contain sws_* symbols.

				Luca