MPEG seek crash (was: [Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler)

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Dec 8 17:28:57 CET 2006

Hi

Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> (quoting the relevant parts of he old mpeg-2 crash thread)
>>
>> On 12/8/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>>
>>> This issue is now buried in an old and long-forgotten thread.  Please
>>> submit a new bug report along with the sample and clear steps to
>>> reproduce the problem.
>>
>> Steve wrote:
>>
>>> So the problem is dynamic. You need to read/decode frames before seeking
>>> for the crash to occur. That's why only trying with ffplay produces the
>>> crash. And only after modifying it (since it's dynamic it's almost
>>> impossible to seek to the location where you want it to crash).
>>
>> Steve wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I only added the possibility in ffplay to seek by bytes instead of
>>> time. Now you can play chems1.vob, seek back a few times and it will
>>> crash (on MinGW at least). It doesn't with our custom patch that was
>>> discussed a long time ago as a non valid/clean solution.
>>>
>>> $ ./ffplay.exe -bytes /C/test/DivX/chems1.vob
>
> I booted to Linux (Ubuntu) and compiled the latest FFMPEG SVN. I ran the
> same command and after 1 or more push of the left/right arrows I got the
> same crash.
>
> I tried to run gdb on ffplay_g but didn't get any meaningful
> information, nothing (NULL) in the backtrace only a line in mpegvideo.c
> is mentioned.

If my chems1.vob is the same one, and anyway it should not crash indeed.
I confirm that ffplay_g crash with current svn.

Log attached. Hope this helps.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312