[Ffmpeg-devel] BeOS support to be discontinued Feb 1 2007

Måns Rullgård mru
Tue Dec 12 10:15:14 CET 2006

"Fran?ois Revol" <revol at free.fr> writes:

>> Parts of libavformat are currently riddled with special cases for
>> BeOS.  This special casing is making everyday code maintenance
>> increasingly difficult, and flies in the face of our commitment to
>> write clean, portable code.
>>
>> We have repeatedly asked the BeOS users (Francois et al) to clean up
>> the mess, only to be met with silence.
>
> I'm sorry ?
> I *am* working on it.
> I have discussed this on IRC several times btw.

I'm pretty much always on #ffmpeg, and I haven't seen anything of the
kind.  Most notably, I've seen no patches.

> However I have some health problem atm so I just don't work fast.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Since these BeOS hacks have been under "discussion" for quite some
time, with no fixes being produced, I decided to turn up the heat a
little to see if that would start some action.  It seems to have
worked.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com