[Ffmpeg-devel] alsa input / output

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Dec 19 16:22:47 CET 2006

Hi all,

I wrote a small AVOutputFormat and AVInputFormat for supporting alsa
through alsalib. It is not perfect yet, and still has some bugs (A/V
synchronization might be incorrect because timestamps generation is very
naive, endianess is not correctly handled, only 16bit samples are
currently supported, etc...). But it is already usable (I tried to
capture an avi from video4linux2/alsa, and I had no xruns and audio and
video look in synch).

Is anyone interested in this alsa format? If yes, I can send it to the
list so that interested people can try it, and improve or fix it (in its
current form, I do not know if it can be submitted for inclusion...)

Also, just for the fun of it I am thinking about accessing alsa without
using alsalib (by directly accessing /dev/snd/*). Does anyone know where
can I find some documentation about the "raw" /dev/snd/* interface?

			Thanks,
				Luca