[Ffmpeg-devel] alsa input / output

Stefan de Konink skinkie
Tue Dec 19 16:26:50 CET 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Luca Abeni wrote:

> Also, just for the fun of it I am thinking about accessing alsa without
> using alsalib (by directly accessing /dev/snd/*). Does anyone know where
> can I find some documentation about the "raw" /dev/snd/* interface?

Would you really want to do this? Everytime the format changes you need to
update the code. Second to that... the 'remapping' of interfaces would
probably be broken I guess. Therefore the only thing that will work is the
naive interfaces to the hardware.

The idea of Alsa-suppert is very nice though :)

Yours Sincerely,

Stefan de Konink