[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtjpeg and NuppelVideo decoder/demuxer

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Feb 14 02:30:20 CET 2006

Hi

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:25:36PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 02:07:48AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > yes, if the tables may change they _must_not_ be in extradata! you should
> > somehow figure out if they are truly constant or not (RTFS/RTFM/ask author)
>
> Well, they are in all samples I have, and should be for any files
> created by MPlayer.
> Also, I now just put the initial tables in extra data, and they by
> definition won't change :-). Is that acceptable?

well, you are the maintainer of the demuxer, so do as you wish, but
IMHO if they are in the stream physically then they shouldnt be in extradata

> > hmm you shouldnt need to set r_frame_rate, lavf should figure that out
> > for you ...
>
> Well, but since there is a seperate field in the header anywa, it is not
> much trouble to set it. Or would you prefer if I removed that anyway?

id prefer if you remove it, because no other demuxer sets r_frame_rate

if you find a file for which lavfs fps detection code fails, we can always
add it back

Michael