[Ffmpeg-devel] [Ffmpeg-devel-old] Question about interlaced_frame and top_field_first

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jan 27 17:04:14 CET 2006

Hi all,

while working on the new video4linux2 input, I tried to design it to
properly set the interlaced_frame and top_field_first fields... How can
I obtain such result?

If I understand well, interlaced_frame and top_field_first are set by
the video codec (CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO): how can the input format tell the
video codec how to set such fields? I immagine I can modify
raw_init_decoder() to properly set interlaced_frame and top_field_first
in priv_data.pic... But how can it decide if frames will be interlaced
or not? Should I add a new field to AVCodecContext? Or there is a simple
way that I am not seeing?

I am also wondering how such fields are used in libavcodec /
libavformat.
I mean: if I capture video from a bttv card, the video is interlaced but
interlaced_frame is never set (and maybe top_field_first has the wrong
value). What happens if I encode the video (for example using mpeg* with
the CODEC_FLAG_INTERLACED_DCT and CODEC_FLAG_INTERLACED_ME flags set)?
Which kind of problems will I see?

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:

 Web Marketing: impara tutti i segreti del Posizionamento sui Motori di

* Ricerca, Pubblicita' on-line, Email Marketing ?- clicca qui

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3213&d=27-1