[Ffmpeg-devel] libtheora brokenness in lavc

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sun Jul 16 21:03:38 CEST 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 01:48:08PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
>>
>>>i noticed today while talking on #ffmpeg that lavc has a
>>>libtheora-based theora encoder and decoder. when this module is
>>
>>encoder? where?

Some parts of the encoder get commited, others don't for comestic reason...

Do a grep on oggtheora_encoder ...

>>>imo oggtheora.c should just be removed, but if this is not acceptable,
>>>the current situation is a bug and the header conversion stuff needs
>>>to be added to it..
>>
>>i vote for removing libtheora support theres no sense in it, only use
>>would be debuging our decoder but then there are other tools like
>>mplayer which can be used and as you say our decoder is disabled if
>>libtheora is enabled so its not that usefull for debuging either
>

> I don't mind removing it, but does the native decoder now support
> theora fully?  I know it used to be incomplete.

IIRC it supports only stream produced by current stable encoder but
can't decode avanced theora stream that are produced by an experimental
encoder ( http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora-exp/). But the official
decoder can't decode them either ...