[Ffmpeg-devel] libtheora brokenness in lavc

Måns Rullgård mru
Sun Jul 16 21:15:00 CEST 2006

matthieu castet <castet.matthieu at free.fr> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>>>encoder? where?
> Some parts of the encoder get commited, others don't for comestic reason...
> Do a grep on oggtheora_encoder ...

Looks like a placeholder or something.  I wrote oggtheora.c, and I
didn't include an encoder.

>>>i vote for removing libtheora support theres no sense in it, only use
>>>would be debuging our decoder but then there are other tools like
>>>mplayer which can be used and as you say our decoder is disabled if
>>>libtheora is enabled so its not that usefull for debuging either
>> I don't mind removing it, but does the native decoder now support
>> theora fully?  I know it used to be incomplete.
> IIRC it supports only stream produced by current stable encoder but
> can't decode avanced theora stream that are produced by an
> experimental encoder ( http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora-exp/). But the
> official decoder can't decode them either ...

IIRC there was also an issue with bitstreams produced by some really
old libtheora.  Is this still the case?

M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com