[Ffmpeg-devel] libtheora brokenness in lavc

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Sun Jul 16 21:36:05 CEST 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> matthieu castet <castet.matthieu at free.fr> writes:
> Looks like a placeholder or something.  I wrote oggtheora.c, and I
> didn't include an encoder.
for more details.

>>IIRC it supports only stream produced by current stable encoder but
>>can't decode avanced theora stream that are produced by an
>>experimental encoder ( http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora-exp/). But the
>>official decoder can't decode them either ...
> IIRC there was also an issue with bitstreams produced by some really
> old libtheora.  Is this still the case?
For this one, Alex fixes some issues about these old streams (IIRC there
are not supported by the official decoder...).

But playing an old version
(http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ogg/Theora/theora.ogg) seems still broken.