[Ffmpeg-devel] Odd Missing Video Results

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Jun 7 00:35:26 CEST 2006

Myron Stewart <mavmann at ingeniak.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using the ffmpeg library for a project and for some odd reason
> seeking past the the start on these 2 particular files is causing the video
> to be missing. The file size seems to indicated video was added, but when
> you attempt to play the video in for example mediaplayer, quicktime, or vlc,
> there is only audio. One thing I did notice is that both of these files have
> swapped audio channels where the audio is on channel 0 and the video is on
> channel 1.
>
> I also did a test with ffmpeg.exe using the ss option to seek ahead and get
> the same problem. For some reason the ffmpeg library thinks that the first
> stream is a video stream instead of an audio stream. Here are the 2 files:

The video elementary stream in those files has no repeated sequence
headers.  Strictly according to the standard, this is allowed.  It is
not generally a good idea though, as you have seen.  I'd suggest
avoiding TMPGEnc if it creates such streams.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com