[Ffmpeg-devel] MinGW Configuration Problems

Brian Brice bbrice
Sat Jun 24 00:03:14 CEST 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Brian Brice <bbrice at newtek.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>> This isn't necessarily a problem with ffmpeg, but I was having major
>> problems running the new configure script with my version of
>> MinGW/MSYS.  The version of sh/bash MSYS comes with is 2.04.0 and
>> the configure script uses something that doesn't seem to work right
>> with this version.  For the developers interested in what this is, it's
>> the flags_saved function in the configure script.  On MinGW's website,
>> they offer a download for 2.05b, and this seems to work fine.
>
> Is this bug specific to mingw, or does it affect that bash version on
> all systems?  In either case, adding a test and an explanation to the
> script seems like a good idea.

I don't have access to any other systems that have the 2.04.0 version of
bash.  Every test I tried had the same results. Expressions like:
    (: ${SAVE_CFLAGS?})
always had a 0 exit status for me in this version.  For the version I've
been compiling, I have LAME in a nonstandard directory and I specify it
in the CFLAGS.  This problem caused the CFLAGS to be lost and the
configuration script would always fail trying to the LAME headers/libs.

Bash >= 2.05b seems to be fine.  AFAIK, MinGW comes with 2.04.0 as,
but 2.05b package an be downloaded from MinGW's website.

--
Brian Brice
In order to know recursion, you must first know recursion...