[Ffmpeg-devel] MinGW Configuration Problems

Måns Rullgård mru
Sat Jun 24 00:14:48 CEST 2006

Brian Brice <bbrice at newtek.com> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Brian Brice <bbrice at newtek.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> This isn't necessarily a problem with ffmpeg, but I was having major
>>> problems running the new configure script with my version of
>>> MinGW/MSYS.  The version of sh/bash MSYS comes with is 2.04.0 and
>>> the configure script uses something that doesn't seem to work right
>>> with this version.  For the developers interested in what this is, it's
>>> the flags_saved function in the configure script.  On MinGW's website,
>>> they offer a download for 2.05b, and this seems to work fine.
>> Is this bug specific to mingw, or does it affect that bash version on
>> all systems?  In either case, adding a test and an explanation to the
>> script seems like a good idea.
>>

> I don't have access to any other systems that have the 2.04.0 version of
> bash.  Every test I tried had the same results. Expressions like:
>     (: ${SAVE_CFLAGS?})
> always had a 0 exit status for me in this version.  For the version I've
> been compiling, I have LAME in a nonstandard directory and I specify it
> in the CFLAGS.  This problem caused the CFLAGS to be lost and the
> configuration script would always fail trying to the LAME headers/libs.
>
> Bash >= 2.05b seems to be fine.  AFAIK, MinGW comes with 2.04.0 as,
> but 2.05b package an be downloaded from MinGW's website.

I built bash 2.04 on Linux, and it seems to be fine.  I don't have a
Windows machine at home, but I can do some tests at work next week.

For the record, the entire configure script is, to my knowledge, POSIX
shell compatible.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com