OT - video connectors (was: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] [ bug ] converting png to dv gives solid black )

Erik Slagter erik
Tue Mar 14 12:50:02 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 11:44 +0000, Dieter wrote:
> > Hmmm, that is true, I didn't think of that. I assumed everyone connected
> > it's STB properly using scart/component.
>
> Assuming STB = set top box, not everyone uses one.

I was talking of the (future) situation where no analogue video is
broadcasted anymore. You will _need_ either a stb or a TV set with DVB
tuner (in which case there is no problem anyway).

> > Are there any TV sets left that
> > don't have RGB/component inputs?
>
> Tons.

What region are we talking? Over here (NL) I've seen no TV sets without
RGB/component input for at least 10 years now. You're quite screwed imho
if someone sells you a TV set without RGB input!