[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: swscaler integration

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Mar 17 14:36:23 CET 2006

Hi all,

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 09:56 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Baptiste,
>
> On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 15:04 +0100, Baptiste COUDURIER wrote:
> [...]
> > libavfilter ? Count on me ! Luca I will submit padding patch tonight.
> do you already have some code for it?
> If not, I'll hack something during the lunch break and I'll send a
> patch... But I do not want to duplicate your work :)
What about the attached patch?
(I did not create a singe img_pad() function, because in this way it
will be simpler to unify the padding code contained in ffmpeg.c and the
one contained in imgresample.c)

There is only one known drawback: if the "destination" pixel format is
not yuv planar, ffmpeg fails to colour the padding border. This can be
easily fixed (in a second time, I think) by exporting something like
int ff_is_yuv_planar(int pix_fmt)
from libavcodec/imgconvert.c and using it to set ost->need_yuv420p (see
line 1723 in the patched ffmpeg.c)/

I only did few tests, but it seems to work ok.

Baptiste, is this what you had in mind?

Michael, can it be applied? (You said you are not interested in
ffmpeg.c's padding & cropping code, but since you are ffmpeg.c
maintainer I still like to have your opinion about committing this
code).

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidit?? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 ? in 24 ore a dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2907&d=17-3