[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: swscaler integration

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Mar 17 20:25:00 CET 2006


On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 05:41:58PM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 10:01:35AM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> >>Luca Abeni wrote:
> >>>Hi Baptiste,
> >>>
> >>>On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 15:04 +0100, Baptiste COUDURIER wrote:
> >>>[...]
> >>>>libavfilter ? Count on me ! Luca I will submit padding patch tonight.
> >>Wouldn't it be logical to make the 'release' before such a big 
> >>change/addition occurs ?
> >
> >well, you should have volunteered sooner now it will be quite hard
> >to finish it before libavfilter
> >
> >how long will you need to finish testing and making a release (see the
> >ML for a list of whats needed before the release)
> >iam willing to delay libavfilter by max 48 hours can you do the release
> >within that time, if no it will have to wait until after libavfilter
> >or the most terrible we release with a half finished libavfilter
> Why are general comments turned into personal attacks ? Did I do 
> something wrong ? And where is the answer to my question ? Or you prefer 
> to start yet another flamewar ?

your question is (maybe unintentionally) formulated in a way which is quite
inflamatory and trollish, at least it appears that way to me, how should i

if i say yes, many people will understand it like: delay libavfilter until
the release (which could be months or years away and makes no sense at all)

if i say no, its a lie, it is probably better to release before a big
change then shortly after it

its better to release before a big change, but its never good to delay
or stop work on something by more then a day or 2 due to a release
IMHO ...


More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list