[Ffmpeg-devel] Hitting Assertion on mov.c line 1889

Tom Hayden haydenth
Wed Mar 22 12:21:09 CET 2006

Good Morning All,

I'm somewhat new to ffmpeg and I think this is a solid peice of software.
However, I'm having some problems, namely hitting the assertion on
mov.cline 1889. I'm trying to convert 3gp files to flv and have ffmpeg
with these options: --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_wb --enable-mp3lame
--enable-gpl --enable-amr_wb --enable-pp --enable-a52

When I comment out the assert() on line 1889 of mov.c then it converts my
video, however the time seems to be off since my video playback is at
roughly 75% of the original speed (both audio and video remain in sync). You
can find the videos below:

I'd like to to just fix this myself (and contribute to the code), but I
guess I need a little background from one of the experts on what is going on
here.  I suspect this time_base.num is probably linked to the fact that my
videos are being encoded at a slower rate.

assert(pts % st->time_base.num == 0);
assert(dts % st->time_base.num == 0);

Tom Hayden