[Ffmpeg-devel] Hitting Assertion on mov.c line 1889

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 22 12:54:11 CET 2006

Hi

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:21:09AM -0500, Tom Hayden wrote:
> Good Morning All,
>
> I'm somewhat new to ffmpeg and I think this is a solid peice of software.
> However, I'm having some problems, namely hitting the assertion on
> mov.cline 1889. I'm trying to convert 3gp files to flv and have ffmpeg
> compiled
> with these options: --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_wb --enable-mp3lame
> --enable-gpl --enable-amr_wb --enable-pp --enable-a52
>
> When I comment out the assert() on line 1889 of mov.c then it converts my
> video, however the time seems to be off since my video playback is at
> roughly 75% of the original speed (both audio and video remain in sync). You
> can find the videos below:
>
> http://35.11.78.70/tom.flv
> http://35.11.78.70/tom.3gp

not reproduceable

> I'd like to to just fix this myself (and contribute to the code), but I
> guess I need a little background from one of the experts on what is going on
> here.  I suspect this time_base.num is probably linked to the fact that my
> videos are being encoded at a slower rate.
>
> assert(pts % st->time_base.num == 0);
> assert(dts % st->time_base.num == 0);

well, pts and dts are timestamps, they MUST be in exact units of the
time_base otherwise the mov demuxer would output wrong timestamps
the bug here is/was either in the calculation of the timestamps or
time_base

Michael