[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: movenc.c ipod h264 suggested change

Loren Merritt lorenm
Wed Mar 29 12:38:38 CEST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Baptiste COUDURIER wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>
>> and i assume loren is ok with using the raw values for level & profile?
>> not sure if theres a better aproach anyway ...
>
> Maybe there is an interface to x264 for retrieving profile and level
> indication ?

Hmm... the x264 api currently has no way to retrieve global info from the
encoder. I suppose I could write profile back into param_t after deriving
it from the other settings. But that doesn't affect the decision for
ffmpeg's user interface, it just means ffmpeg could tell you if you
picked incompatible settings.

--Loren Merritt