[Ffmpeg-devel] about mingw compiling problem (and possible solution)

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer
Wed Oct 4 14:36:12 CEST 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 12:07:26AM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Gianluigi Tiesi said:
> > Finally I've got the problem that some users sperimented.
> > The problem is that the code that checks for a valid shell
> > executes bash from cygwin that has different /tmp directory.
> > A quick and dirty patch for ppl that want to compile it on mingw
> > is appling this patch, dunno about a real solution,
> > it seams that the script doesn't consider mingw bash as a valid
> > shell but in effect it's a valid shell.
>
> The standard mingw bash (2.04) *is* broken.  You need to install 2.05
> or later.

GNU bash, version 2.04.0(1)-release-(i686-pc-msys)
works fine too, but bash 3.1 snapshot solves the problem
with configure.
So please put some info somewhere for mingw build
to download the 3.1 snapshop to avoid problems.

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader