[Ffmpeg-devel] 640x480 iPod Baseline Low Complexity Profile

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu Sep 21 20:51:46 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:36:59PM +0200, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:

>> ffmpeg.c :)
>> >
>> > They could go in some sort of header or configuration file, though..
>> Similar to the thing I attached? That's quiet similar to a
>> configuration file, no?
>>
>> With the current patch, you'd need a profile-file for each device though. If
>> they would all be stored in some predefined directory -such
>> as /usr/share/ffmpeg/profiles- I would not see that as a true problem.
>> Ofcourse it is also possible to add sections to the file, something like:
>>
>> [K750i]
>> b=192k
>> s=220x176
>> ar=64k
>> vcodec=mpeg4
>> acodec=aac
>>
>> [N770]
>> b=800k
>> s=320x192
>> ar=128k
>> vcodec=mpeg4
>> acodec=mp3

I despise that config file style.

>> Having it in the header would require me to recompile/relink for
>> each addition... :) And endusers would not be able to contribute as
>> easily as with profile files.
>
> Yes, I envisioned something similar to this.  I'm not sure if it's
> better to have one file per profile or all in one file, probably a
> matter of taste.

One target per file is easier to parse, and makes it easier for users
to add their own targets without worrying about merging changes when
they upgrade.  Furthermore, it would eliminate quarrels about how to
separate targets within the file.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com