[Ffmpeg-devel] 640x480 iPod Baseline Low Complexity Profile

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Fri Sep 22 10:45:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

Op donderdag 21 september 2006 20:51, schreef M?ns Rullg?rd:
> [...]
> >>
> >> [K750i]
> >> b=192k
> >> s=220x176
> >> ar=64k
> >> vcodec=mpeg4
> >> acodec=aac
> >>
> >> [N770]
> >> b=800k
> >> s=320x192
> >> ar=128k
> >> vcodec=mpeg4
> >> acodec=mp3
>
> I despise that config file style.
I do not really care about that style, although I do despise the
thing that it reminds me off :)

>[...]
> > Yes, I envisioned something similar to this.  I'm not sure if it's
> > better to have one file per profile or all in one file, probably a
> > matter of taste.
>
> One target per file is easier to parse, and makes it easier for users
> to add their own targets without worrying about merging changes when
> they upgrade.  Furthermore, it would eliminate quarrels about how to
> separate targets within the file.
I agree. The only thing I "worried" about, was that if many profiles
were to be used, the directory would contains possibly horrible amounts
of files. But, in fact, having one file with a huge amount of entries
aint that much better. And, there's no reason to disallow having subdirs
if it might ever become annoying (having to many files in a dir).

With friendly regards,
Takis