[Ffmpeg-devel] problem with change to libavformat/mov.c between revision 5666 and 5667

Brian Hirt bhirt
Wed Sep 27 00:02:12 CEST 2006

Baptiste,

Where would be a good location to upload the video?  The sample video
is about 2.5mb

--brian

On Sep 25, 2006, at 4:27 AM, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:

> Hi
>
> Brian Hirt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've run across a problem decoding a video in mp4 file format.   I
>> have
>> a bunch of sample videos that I use for testing.  They are mostly
>> mpeg4
>> videos.  Up until version 5666 the video decodes just fine.  However,
>> with the changes introduced to libavformat/mov.c in revision 5667
>> I new
>> get a "warning: first frame is no keyframe" warning and the first
>> second
>> or so of the video is garbled.  I'm not very intimate with the
>> code so
>> I'm not sure what's going on.  A brief look at the codes seems
>> like 5666
>> may have been handling a missing keyframe by finding the closest one
>> which seemed to work just fine.   However, I'm just speculating here.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what going on, or advice on better
>> information
>> that i can provide?  I have sample frames and movies i can provide if
>> anyone needs access to them.
>>

> It may be a bug, can you share your sample ? or upload it to
> upload.mplayerhq.hu ?
>
> --
> Baptiste COUDURIER                              GnuPG Key Id:
> 0x5C1ABAAA
> SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://
> www.smartjog.com
> Key fingerprint
> 8D77134D20CC9220201FC5DB0AC9325C5C1ABAAA
> Phone: +33 1 49966312

Brian Hirt
t. 310-464-0726 x200
f. 310-590-3960
m. 970-708-1032
bhirt at mobygames.com
MobyGames
http://www.mobygames.com
The world's largest and most comprehensive gaming database project

MobyGames was nominated for Best Games related website 2006 Webby
Award :
http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/current.php?
season=10#webby_entry_games_related