[Ffmpeg-devel] Modify ffplay for realtime playing

Phuoc Do pdo.cloud
Fri Apr 20 09:37:35 CEST 2007

I might be doing something wrong then. ffplay is not playing the streams
correctly. Here is my setting. On a remote machine, I run my test video
file: mpeg4 video 384 kbs and mp2 audio 64 kbs. I use VLC and encapsulate
the streams in ASF container format. VLC outputs the resulted stream to a
http address and port. On my local machine, I tried to use VLC and MPlayer
for playback. In both players, the stream stops playing after about 5
seconds. I then tried ffplay for playback. ffplay also stops after a few
seconds. I noticed that A-V value gets larger overtime. My remote machine
has a DSL connection and my local machine has a cable connection. I used
Wireshark to capture the network packets and it shows that some of the TCP
packets have wrong header information. That's why I am thinking that some
bits are flipped and try to figure a solution to make ffplay more error
resilient.

Phuoc