[FFmpeg-devel] Autodetecting support for "PRId64"

carlo.bramix carlo.bramix
Mon Dec 3 11:16:28 CET 2007

Hello everyone!
My name is Carlo Bramini and I'm an italian coder.
Nice to meet you.
I tried to compile ffmpeg for working under AROS (see http://aros.sourceforge.net for more details) but I had some initial troubles.
The problem was caused by the unrecognized "PRId64" escape from my GCC.
Actually I solved it by adding this line:

-DPRIx64=\"%llx\" -DPRId64=\"%lld\" -DPRIu64=\"%llu\" -DPRIdFAST16=\"%hd\" -DPRIdFAST32=\"%ld\"

to OPTFLAGS into generated config.mak.
I also discovered that it could also be done by adding them with "--extra-cflags" to configure script.
However, my suggestion for the future would be a simple, quick test at configure time for adding this line automatically.
It would be nice that configure will do a:
"checking /"PRId64/" support..."
and if it isn't detected it will add the fix.
I understand that it can be fixed manually as I did, but afterall the computer has been made for working instead the man, so why not doing it?

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini.